At CRBC we are committed to engagement in missions and evangelism that follows a Scriptural pattern.Our church constitution defines our purpose as a church as follows:
Our purpose is to obey the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:34-40) and the Great Commission (Matthew
In addition, in our core doctrinal affirmations, we make this declaration:
We affirm the need for the church to be engaged in evangelism, missions, and ministry. We shall support the preaching of the gospel and the planting of Biblical churches throughout the world. Although we are an independent congregation, we shall work together with like-minded churches and organizations in the spreading of the gospel and for our mutual support and edification in the faith.
CRBC Local and International Mission and Evangelism Opportunities
(Past and Present)
- Weekly preaching of the gospel from the CRBC pulpit in Lord’s Day worship.
- Regular prayer for the Lord to send laborers into the harvest.
- Nursing Home Ministry.
- Local radio outreach.
- Sermonaudio.com: CRBC messages are broadcast around the world 24/7 on sermonaudio.com.
- International Mission causes: We have given to support missions and missionaries in Zambia, Guatemala, Romania, and Malaysia.
- Bible translation: We give to the Trinitarian Bible Society.
- Scripture and literature distribution. This has included maintaining a Christian book table, distributing tracts and handing out Scripture portions (the Gospel of John) in places like the Fluvanna Correctional Center for Women and at the Louisa Agricultural Fair.
- Vacation Bible School: Each summer we host a simple “Puritan” Vacation Bible School in which the Bible is taught and the gospel is shared with children, youth, and families.
- Youth and Young Adult Conference: We sponsor an annual conference for youth and young adults.
- Fellowship among Reformed Baptist churches: We support for the Reformed Baptist Fellowship of Virginia, including the Keach Conference, an annual theology and ministry conference, and The Reformed Baptist Trumpet, the quarterly e-journal of the RBF-VA (edited by Pastor Jeff Riddle).